Monday, May 9, 2011
Mother's Day 2011
Look at my beautiful girls! What an amazing weekend it was. It started out Sat. with Chuck and Madeline running a 5k at the Silver Mile. What an experience it was, and one that Chuck doesn't want to repeat. Sat. night Chuck and I finally went out to dinner to celebrate our 16th Wedding Anniversary(which was in Mar.). We went to Kelly Jay's, a neat place in Goshen. Yummy Tapas!! When we got home, we watched to Latest and Greatest Harry Potter movie with the girls. Sunday morning we woke up to a beautiful sunshiney day. The first I think this spring. We all went to church together, something that very rarely happens in the Lasley house. If Chuck happens to be home with us, he most often is traveling to another ward doing his High Council thing. So we went to church, then when we got home, Chuck made the announcement to the family that Mom gets to watch what she wants to on tv!. That was a treat. I honestly don't think I have sat down since we have moved and watched a program, or whow one time. So I immediately found a college softball game on ESPN and watched the girls dissappear in a matter of seconds( to go find another tv to watch probably "Disney" or something). I watched almost an entire game in peace and quiet, while Chuck was busy in the kitchen preparing our yummy dinner. We had our first dinner from the grill this year: guacamole & chips,Steak, shrimp, grilled asparagus, zucchini, prtabello mushrooms, potatoes, salad with bacon vinegrette, and for dessert raspberry cream pie from Essenhause Bakery. Yum-mo!!! Probably gained 5 lbs. in one meal, but I'll behave the rest of the week to get back on track by Friday. After dinner the girls and I played catch in the yard while Chuck cleaned up the dishes. What a deal! I was spoiled too with gifts. Chuck gave me the two teak rockers that sit on our porch( I have wanted them for 8 years, and never splurged on them), he also gave me a yummy new perfume called "Daisy". Meg made me a flower pot at school with a poem which was darling. Madeline gave me fresh flowers for our table and made me a bookmark, and Morgan gets credit for the delicious pie we had for dessert!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment